Scott E. Noakes, Ph.D.
CAIS Assistant Research Scientist
- Waters, J.P., S.E. Noakes, D.H. Easley, and Shea Penland, 2009. Geochemistry of surficial sediments from Lake Pontchartrain resulting from the 1997 opening of the Bonnet Carre Spillway. Journal of Coastal Research 54.
Noakes, S.E., E.G. Garrison, and G.B. McFall, 2009. Underwater paleontology: Recovery of a prehistoric whale mandible offshore Georgia. Diving for Science, American Academy of Underwater Sciences, Pollack and Godfrey, 2009.
- Garrison, E.G, S.E. Noakes and G. McFall, 2008. Shallow marine margin sediments, modern marine erosion and the fate of sequence boundaries – Georgia Bight (USA). Southeastern Geology 45:3. 127-142.
- Cherkinsky A.E., S.E. Noakes, E.G. Garrison, G.B. McFall, 2009. Radiocarbon age of bone fractions from underwater collected gray whale bones, JY reef, offshore Georgia. Proceedings of the 20th International Radiocarbon Conference. Kona, Hawaii.
Noakes, S.E. and P.C. Jutte, 2006. Utilizing gamma isotope tracers to determine sediment source at reef sites near the Charleston Ocean Dredged Material Disposal Site. Marine Pollution Bulletin 52:6. 666-673.
- Noakes, S.E. and J.E. Noakes, 2003. Rapid survey of anthropogenic contaminants in surficial sediments of the Ashley River, Charleston, South Carolina. Proceedings of Emerging Technologies, Tools, and Techniques to Manage Our Coasts in the 21st Century (U.S. EPA), Cocoa Beach, Florida, January 28-31, 2003.
Noakes, J.E., S.E. Noakes, D.K. Dvoracek, 2000. Seafloor survey systems for rapid coastal assessment: Point and nonpoint contamination sources. Proceedings of the International Conference on Coastal and Ocean Space Utilization, Cancun, Mexico, November 1-4, 2000.
- Noakes, J.E., S.E. Noakes, D.K. Dvoracek, and P.B. Bush, 1999. GIMS/CS3: Survey and Mapping System for Surficial Marine Sediments. Sea Technology 40:8. 49-54.
- Noakes, J.E., S.E. Noakes, D.K. Dvoracek, R.A. Culp, and P.B. Bush, 1999. Rapid coastal survey of anthropogenic radionuclides, metals, and organic compounds in surficial marine sediments. The Science of the Total Environment. 237/238. 449-458.
- Noakes, J.E., S.E. Noakes, D.K. Dvoracek, R.A. Culp, and P.B. Bush, 1998. Rapid mapping of anthropogenic radionuclides, metals, and organic compounds in surficial marine sediments. Proceedings of Oceans 98, September 28 -October 1, 1998, Nice France, v.3. 1290-1295.
- Noakes, J.E., P.B. Bush, S.E. Noakes, D.K. Dvoracek, and R.A. Culp, 1998. Rapid in situ measurement of anthropogenic metals and organic compounds in surficial marine sediments. Proceedings of Oceanology International 98 v.2, March 10-13, Brighton, UK. 159-172.
- Noakes, J.E., S.E. Noakes, and D.K. Dvoracek, 1997. Monitoring seafloor pollution for coastal ocean space utilization. Proceedings of COSU 97, Oceanology International 97 Pacific Rim v.2, May 12-14, Singapore, Malaysia. 259-268
- Noakes, S.E., D.K. Dvoracek, and J.E. Noakes, 1997. A rapid in situ survey of metals in sediments of Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana. Transactions of the Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies 47. 413-418.
For further information contact Dr. Scott Noakes (706) 542-6134